The University of Lynchburg, a private regional university, located in the beautiful foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Central Virginia is seeking a full-time grill/line cook to join our dining services team.
The grill/line cook reports to, is supervised by, and evaluated by the Westover Room shift leaders. The evaluation of work performance will be ongoing and will be carried out by the co-director of dining services. It will include the specific duties and responsibilities of this position description plus employee attitude and general working behavior.
- Full-time, benefits eligible
Specific job duties:
- Responsibilities include preparing menu items to order, restocking the sandwich boards and maintaining the cleanliness of the serving and dining areas in the Westover Room. Must be accurate, dependable, customer service-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced environment. Perform any other duties that may be required for the position.
- Generous sick time and family leave, comprehensive insurance (medical, dental, vision, etc.) and retirement plans, flexible spending account, tuition remission, life and long term disability insurance, and more. Learn more about employment benefits at the University of Lynchburg.
- Typically 8 hour shift, some overtime might be required
- Evenings and some weekends
- Monday to Sunday
- Ability to communicate effectively and have the ability to understand, comprehend and follow directions
- Must have good teamwork skills
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking
- Some amount of stooping, kneeling, bending, lifting, or carrying may be required
- Work may involve lifting or otherwise moving materials weighing approximately 25 pounds, using proper equipment and techniques
- Frequent exposure to various cleaning chemicals, smoke, spices and odors will occur
- High school or equivalent
- Prior restaurant or cashier experience preferred
How to Apply
Submit an employment application and email or mail a résumé and contact information of three professional references, to:
University of Lynchburg
Office of Human Resources
1501 Lakeside Drive
Lynchburg, VA 24501
The selected candidate must successfully pass a background check that is satisfactory to the University.
We seek candidates who are committed to the University of Lynchburg’s efforts to create an environment that fosters a student-centered environment, develops the breadth of knowledge associated with liberal education, respects and supports diversity, equity, and inclusion, values and celebrates diverse faith traditions, and sustains close working relationships among faculty, staff, students, alumni, and community partners.
The University of Lynchburg is committed to diversity within its community and welcomes applications from persons of color, women, Indigenous/aboriginal people of North America, persons with disabilities, the LGBTQIA+ community, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of the University of Lynchburg community.
The University of Lynchburg is an equal opportunity employer.