The University of Lynchburg invites applications for a full-time Financial Aid Counselor. The Financial Aid Counselor provides financial aid information and advising to prospective/current students and their families in a fast-paced team environment, while complying with federal and state regulations as well as University policies.
- Counsel students and their families through financial aid process via phone, email, video/in person meetings.
- Complete work in adherence with University, state and federal guidelines and communicates such policies effectively to students/families.
- Manage Virginia Tuition Assistant Grant application, distribution and validation.
- Manage the Financial Aid Chatbox.
- Attend financial aid training to remain current with federal/state/University policies.
- Complete federal verification for selected students.
- Perform additional related duties that may be required.
- Work nights and weekends as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-3 years of financial aid experience
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Experience with financial aid systems as PowerFAIDS
- Public speaking experience
- Experience analyzing information and researching a variety of sources to identify and resolve problems or issues
- Knowledge of federal aid regulations and programs
- Ability to establish and maintain positive, friendly and professional working relationships
Candidate must successfully pass a background check that is satisfactory to the University.
To apply, please submit a University application or résumé, along with names and contact information of three business references to: University of Lynchburg, Attn: Human Resources, 1501 Lakeside Drive, Lynchburg, VA 24501, or email email@example.com. EOE.
The University of Lynchburg is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. The University of Lynchburg strives for a diverse and inclusive community; under-represented groups are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to candidates with experience working with a multicultural and diverse student body.