The University of Lynchburg, a private, regional university in the beautiful foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Central Virginia, invites applications for a full-time, non-exempt Enrollment Coordinator position for the College of Medical Science.
The Enrollment Coordinator is responsible for ensuring and supporting student success for the master’s and doctoral students in the College of Medical Science (COMS). This position funnels new students through the final steps in the admissions process and supports both new and returning student enrollment throughout the duration of the student life cycle. This position also serves as a liaison between students and faculty through advising support and serves as a link to university offices such as the registrar, business, and financial aid departments. This position reports to the Dean of the College of Medical Science and is supervised directly by the Associate Program Directors and Operations Manager.
Job Type: Full-time, benefits eligible.
Specific Job Duties:
- Takes the lead in planning, executing, and communicating student enrollment.
- Reviews all newly deposited students and plans their courses for the successful completion of the PA Master’s Degree, DMSc degree, or certificates as directed.
- Works with the Associate Program Directors and Program Directors to operationalize the academic year.
- Advises current students when they need a plan of study that deviates from the normal schedule or who have questions about their schedules (e.g., processing leave of absences, withdrawals, adding certificates, decelerations).
- Coordinates with faculty advisors to approve plans of study that deviate from the normal cohort path or when students are asking questions that are more relevant to the faculty’s area of expertise.
- Tracks all DMSc student progress via Google Sheets or other software (spreadsheet skills are necessary to fulfill the duties of this position).
- Sends out the application to graduate students and follows up with students to ensure they have completed the appropriate forms so that their degree or certificate is conferred.
- Initiates communications with students who are on business hold, informing them of their options.
- Serves as the department liaison with the business office, registrar’s office, and financial aid in coordination with college leadership.
- Prepares current enrollments for the registrar’s office and tracks ongoing changes for each term start.
- Coordinates with staff to audit classrooms each term to ensure students are in the correct courses.
- Attends all departmental, program, college, and appropriate University meetings.
- Maintains confidentiality of all student information in compliance with FERPA standards.
- Serves as point of contact for all students, staff, faculty, and administrators for information pertaining to the registration processes and current registration data.
- Updates quarterly registration reporting worksheet.
- Cultivates communication with all students to maintain a level of interest and promote retention.
- Answers email and phone communications in a timely manner.
- Actively participates in the growth and development of better relationships and processes. The College of Medical Science is continually growing and improving, and all members of the department are expected to contribute their valuable expertise and ideas.
- Coordinates with the admissions coordinator for the College in regards to the following duties:
- Helping with admissions phone calls.
- Helping with admissions records in the university CRM (Slate and CASPA).
- Initiating contact, interacting, and counseling applicants of the DMSc and PA Programs.
- College committee assignments; for example, Admissions Committee.
- Assists with the planning and coordination of orientation and student events.
- Performs other duties assigned by COMS leadership.
Starting Salary: $40,000 annually.
Benefits: Generous paid vacation, personal days, and paid sick time and family leave, comprehensive insurance (medical, dental, vision, etc.) and retirement plans, flexible spending account, tuition remission, life and long term disability insurance, and more. Learn more about employment benefits at the University of Lynchburg.
Schedule: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (7.5 hours/day with some evening and weekends to meet needs of department may be required.
Experience/Skills: Ability to communicate effectively and have the ability to understand, comprehend and follow directions
Must have good teamwork skills.
Physical Demands: Prolonged periods standing or sitting at a desk.
- Minimum of 2 years progressively responsible administrative professional experience required, preferably in higher education.
- Spreadsheet and database management skills are essential.
- Excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Must be a self-starter, have ability to handle multiple priorities, and have a close attention to detail and accuracy.
- This position requires flexibility, creative problem-solving ability, and customer service skills.
- The ideal candidate will be courteous, people-oriented, and have excellent interpersonal skills.
Education: The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business or a health-related field.
Work Remotely: No
How to Apply
Submit an employment application and email or mail a résumé, and contact information of three professional references, to:
University of Lynchburg
Attn: Enrollment Coordinator – College of Medical Science
1501 Lakeside Drive
Lynchburg, VA 24501
References will be checked prior to employment. The selected candidate must successfully pass a background check that is satisfactory to the University.
We seek candidates who are committed to the University of Lynchburg’s efforts to create an environment that fosters a student-centered environment, develops the breadth of knowledge associated with liberal education, respects and supports diversity, equity, and inclusion, values and celebrates diverse faith traditions, and sustains close working relationships among faculty, staff, students, alumni, and community partners.
The University of Lynchburg is committed to diversity within its community and welcomes applications from persons of color, women, Indigenous/aboriginal people of North America, persons with disabilities, the LGBTQIA+ community, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of the University of Lynchburg community.
The University of Lynchburg is an equal opportunity employer.