The University of Lynchburg is currently seeking applicants for a director of conferences, events, and support services. This position is classified as full-time/exempt and includes excellent benefits and a competitive wage. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, plan and coordinate special campus events hosted by the University consistent with the strategic focus and image of the University.
- Organize and manage on-site execution of events to ensure activities run smoothly and follow appropriate protocol.
- Generate additional revenue for the University through promoting and marketing event opportunities (including but not limited to conferences, summer camps, and weddings) on the University’s properties.
- Oversees University rental properties.
- Supervises all staffing and daily operations for the support services department.
A bachelor’s degree in hotel/restaurant or business-related field preferred. A minimum of two years of full-time work experience as a conferences manager, catering manager, or similar position in a large commercial restaurant, hotel, catering, college or university is required. Demonstrated ability to teach others is required. Demonstrated ability to relate well to individuals and groups with widely varying backgrounds, perspectives, education, and skills is required. Excellent work record, superior communication, cooperation, and organizational skills required. Basic working knowledge of Windows-based personal computer applications (e.g. Word, Excel, email). Working knowledge of Caterease or other catering software preferred.
The position requires flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
How to Apply
Submit an employment application and email or mail a résumé and contact information of three professional references, to:
University of Lynchburg
Office of Human Resources
1501 Lakeside Drive
Lynchburg, VA 24501
The selected candidate must successfully pass a background check that is satisfactory to the University.
The University of Lynchburg is committed to diversity within its community and welcomes applications from persons of color, women, Indigenous/aboriginal people of North America, persons with disabilities, the LGBTQIA+ community, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of the University of Lynchburg community.
The University of Lynchburg is an equal opportunity employer.