The University of Lynchburg is an independent, co-educational, residential university, founded in 1903, located in the Central Virginia foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. The School of PA Medicine invites applications for a digital media manager/administrative staff position beginning in January 2022. The candidate selected for this position will contribute to program success by joining new and existing committee structures to fulfill the vision and strategy of the programs.
Specific job duties:
- The position will create and execute a digital media presence for the programs while also working with the administrative team to facilitate recruitment and department operations.
- The position will provide support for the innovative and visionary education for certified and licensed PAs wishing to advance their academic credentials with an emphasis in leadership, scholarship, and advanced clinical medicine.
The digital media manager/administrative staff reports to, is supervised by, and evaluated by the school chair and the dean of the School of PA Medicine. The evaluation of work performance will be ongoing and will be carried out by the school chair and the dean of the School of PA Medicine. It will include the specific duties and responsibilities of this position description plus employee attitude and general working behavior.
- Full-time, exempt, benefits eligible
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition remission
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Health savings accounts
- Long term disability
- Paid time off
- The normal workday is from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Additional hours may be required based on the needs of the department.
- The functions of this position are usually performed sitting but may involve significant amounts of walking or standing. Some amount of stooping, kneeling, bending, lifting, or carrying may be required.
- Tasks such as working at a computer keyboard involve the extensive wrist and hand movements.
- Experience in marketing and writing, digital media, and academic admissions is preferred.
- Knowledge of various social media platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree supplemented with three (3) years of related work experience.
We seek candidates who are committed to the University of Lynchburg’s efforts to create an environment that fosters a student-centered environment, develops the breadth of knowledge associated with liberal education, respects and supports diversity, equity, and inclusion, values and celebrates diverse faith traditions, and sustains close working relationships among faculty, staff, students, alumni, and community partners.
How to Apply
Submit an employment application and email or mail a vita and contact information of three professional references, to:
University of Lynchburg
Office of Human Resources
1501 Lakeside Drive
Lynchburg, VA 24501
Application review begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. The selected candidate must successfully pass a background check that is satisfactory to the University.
The University of Lynchburg is committed to diversity within its community and welcomes applications from persons of color, women, Indigenous/aboriginal people of North America, persons with disabilities, the LGBTQIA+ community, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of the University of Lynchburg community.
The University of Lynchburg is an equal opportunity employer.