The University of Lynchburg, a private regional university, located in the beautiful foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in central Virginia is accepting applications for a full-time College of Health Sciences (COHS) Technology Information Support/Instructional Specialist to join our ITR team.
The COHS Information Technology Support/Instructional Specialist reports to, is supervised by, and evaluated by the COHS Information Technology Coordinator. The evaluation of work performance will be ongoing and will be carried out by the COHS Information Technology Coordinator. It will include the specific duties and responsibilities of this position description plus employee attitude and general working behavior.
- Full-Time, Benefits Eligible
- $40,000 annually
- To assist the COHS team by providing technical support for classrooms, remote and on-site faculty, staff, and students of the College of Health Sciences.
Specific Job Duties:
- Troubleshoots and provides solutions for Mac OS and Windows-based computers.
- Researches, repairs, installs and maintains office and classroom hardware, software and audio-visual equipment including simulation lab and Crestron controlled rooms.
- Supports remote and on-site student computer network connectivity and basic functionality.
- Provides education for faculty, staff and students on classroom equipment and applications.
- Provides training for faculty on using various instructional technology applications.
- Provides technical support to our online students, faculty, and staff for our DMSc program.
- Project management for implementation of 1:1 initiative.
- Facilitates PSA instruction and support for students.
- Provides onboarding instruction for new faculty and staff.
- Provides support for students and faculty on virtual reality simulation equipment.
- Performs any other related duties as may be required.
- Generous paid vacation, personal days, and paid sick time and family leave, comprehensive insurance (medical, dental, vision, etc.) and retirement plans, flexible spending account, tuition remission, life and long term disability insurance, and more. Learn more about employment benefits at the University of Lynchburg.
- 8:30 am – 5:00 pm (7.5 hours/day with some evening and weekends to meet needs of department may be required
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with undergraduate and graduate programs to provide technical support for classrooms, remote and on-site students, faculty and staff of the College of Health Sciences.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- A critical thinker with problem-solving skills is a must.
- Evidence of staying current with rapidly changing technology.
- Ability to communicate effectively and have the ability to understand, comprehend and follow directions
- Must have good teamwork skills
- Experience with network data cabling and LAN support is required.
- The functions of this position are usually performed equally between sitting, walking, climbing stairs and ladders, and carrying equipment, but may involve significant amounts of walking or standing.
- Some amount of stooping, kneeling, bending, lifting, or carrying may be required.
- Tasks such as working at a computer keyboard involve extensive wrist and hand movements.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds.
- The normal work schedule is 37.5 hours per week, however, overtime may be required during peak demand periods.
- 3-5 years of computer and user support experience, preferably in higher education.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Suite, JAMF, Mac OS, iOS and Windows operating systems.
- Basic knowledge of local area networks and audio/visual equipment, including VR.
- Demonstrated project management experience required.
- Apple Technician certification and Google Suite certification a plus.
- Two years of college or technical courses — or equivalent work experience — is required.
- Four-year college, with an emphasis in computers or information systems, or technical degree preferred.
- Equivalent work experience or relevant certifications may substitute for a college degree.
How to Apply
Submit an employment application and email or mail a résumé, and contact information of three professional references, to:
University of Lynchburg
Office of Human Resources
1501 Lakeside Drive
Lynchburg, VA 24501
The selected candidate must successfully pass a background check that is satisfactory to the University.
We seek candidates who are committed to the University of Lynchburg’s efforts to create an environment that fosters a student-centered environment, develops the breadth of knowledge associated with liberal education, respects and supports diversity, equity, and inclusion, values and celebrates diverse faith traditions, and sustains close working relationships among faculty, staff, students, alumni, and community partners.
The University of Lynchburg is committed to diversity within its community and welcomes applications from persons of color, women, Indigenous/aboriginal people of North America, persons with disabilities, the LGBTQIA+ community, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of the University of Lynchburg community.
The University of Lynchburg is an equal opportunity employer.