The University of Lynchburg has an immediate opening for the full-time position of associate director of grants management in the Office of Advancement. This position is responsible for:
- Executing a grants management program that furthers relationships with grantmakers to advance the institution.
- Engaging faculty and staff in pursuing grant funding for initiatives that require or warrant external support.
- Conducting prospect research and maintaining an aggressive grants calendar.
- Authoring and submitting grant proposals and attachments, and supporting the management of deliverables and final submission process when involving federal grant writing consultants.
- Coordinating communication with external funding sources, tracking funded projects, monitoring budget expenditures, and completing interim and final reports.
The successful candidate must be able to meet deadlines, balance multiple projects, be detail-oriented, have strong interpersonal skills, and excellent writing skills. A minimum of two years of experience in the development of external grants is preferred, as well as a master’s degree in an appropriate discipline. A bachelor’s degree will be considered in instances of complementary experience in grant-related work. Candidate must successfully pass a background check that is satisfactory to the University.
To apply, please submit a University application or résumé, along with names and contact information of three business references to: University of Lynchburg, Attn: Human Resources, 1501 Lakeside Drive, Lynchburg, VA 24501, or email email@example.com. EOE.
The University of Lynchburg is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. The University of Lynchburg strives for a diverse and inclusive community; under-represented groups are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to candidates with experience working with a multicultural and diverse student body.