The Associate Director of Financial Aid Systems assists with the management of IT systems within the Financial Aid Office in addition to managing data integration to and from University systems. This position reports to and supports the Director of Financial Aid in ensuring that financial aid systems remain effective in administering the University’s financial aid programs in accordance with all federal, state, and institutional regulations and policies. Financial aid knowledge/experience is a plus, but not required.
- Collaborates with the Information Technology Department to ensure effective data integration and system processing.
- Collaborates with the Admissions Office, Registrar’s Office and Student Accounts Office to ensure effective data transfer.
- Completes data integration processes between campus based systems as SLATE and PowerFAIDS.
- Creates and provides weekly data report to enrollment consultant firm.
- Provides and assists the director with state and federal reporting.
- Assists the director in developing and maintaining office functions and procedures.
- Tests financial aid system, PowerFAIDS, to ensure accuracy of data.
- Performs annual PARM Roll.
- Uploads ISIRs into PowerFAIDS and transmits ISIR corrections to DOE daily.
- Monitors and ensures completion of system upgrades.
- Provides training regarding database systems changes.
- Provides end user training with software applications.
- Software and data troubleshooting as needed.
- Assists with maintenance of the Office Policies & Procedures Manual.
- Ensures information in University website is accurate and manages changes as needed.
- Participates in relevant University committee meetings.
- Remains current regarding institutional, state and federal financial aid policies.
- Performs other related duties in support of the goals of the University.
- Proficiency with relational databases, Excel, Access
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Experience with database management/development.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and writing skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred.
Candidate must successfully pass a background check that is satisfactory to the University. To apply, please send cover letter, resume and 3 references to: University of Lynchburg, Attn: Human Resources, 1501 Lakeside Drive, Lynchburg, Virginia 24501 or email: . The position will remain open until filled. EOE
The University of Lynchburg is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. The University of Lynchburg strives for a diverse and inclusive community; underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to candidates with experience working with a multicultural and diverse student body.