The University of Lynchburg, a private regional university located in the beautiful foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in central Virginia, is accepting applications for an assistant director of financial aid. The successful candidate will assist students and families in affording a college education while displaying exceptional attention to detail, strong organizational and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with internal and external constituents to ensure effective aid processing. The assistant director will report to the director of financial aid.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide information and assistance to students regarding available financial aid programs, such as grants, loans, and scholarships, and in compliance with all institutional, federal aid, state and FERPA regulations.
- Remain current regarding Department of Education Title IV regulations and best practices.
- Participate in national, regional, and state financial aid training opportunities.
- Conducts workshops and gives presentations to high school students and parents.
- Manage all facets of federal and private loan programs ensuring program integrity and compliance with federal, state and institutional regulations and policies.
Manage the electronic processes for all loan programs, including the transmission of loan data files with the Department of Education and EdConnect, NSLDS transfer monitoring and issue resolution, private loan certification, origination and disbursement.
- Assist with financial aid packaging.
- Monitor enrollment changes and modify financial aid as needed.
- Complete R2T4 calculations and manage return of funding.
- Complete financial aid reconciliations in collaboration with Student Accounts Office.
- Update the Financial Aid Office policy and procedures documentation as needed.
- Manage satisfactory academic progress reviews, student notices and appeals.
- Collaborate with other university offices and outside constituencies to ensure effective financial aid processing.
- Work nights and weekends as needed.
- Associate’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- 1-3 years of financial aid experience
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Experience with financial aid systems as PowerFAIDS, CPS, COD, NSLDS
- Public speaking experience
- Experience analyzing information and researching a variety of sources to identify and resolve problems or issues
- Knowledge of federal aid regulations and programs
- Ability to establish and maintain positive, friendly and professional working relationships
How to Apply
Submit an employment application and email or mail a cover letter, résumé and contact information of three professional references, to:
University of Lynchburg
Office of Human Resources
1501 Lakeside Drive
Lynchburg, VA 24501
The selected candidate must successfully pass a background check that is satisfactory to the University.
The University of Lynchburg is committed to diversity within its community and welcomes applications from persons of color, women, Indigenous/aboriginal people of North America, persons with disabilities, the LGBTQIA+ community, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of the University of Lynchburg community.
The University of Lynchburg is an equal opportunity employer.