The University of Lynchburg, a private, regional university in the beautiful foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Central Virginia, is looking for a full-time assistant director of admissions to join the Division of Enrollment, Marketing, and Communications (EMC).
This position manages the recruitment of an assigned population of students in support of the office’s overall enrollment goals.
- Full-time, exempt
- Director of admissions
- Create and deploy strategies and tactics for maximizing enrollment for an assigned area, including local student and school relationships.
- Develop strong professional relationships with school counselors, community organizations, agencies, and other student influencers that assist in increasing applications and enrollment.
- Provide highly personalized outreach to prospective students and families that moves them through the process of application and enrollment through phone, text, email, and other methods.
- Manage a geographic recruitment territory. Develop an individual recruitment plan to meet goals for that territory. Meet assigned territory goals for enrolled students.
- Utilize targeted travel, virtual tools, and creative programming to attract students to visit and apply to the University.
- Contribute to a positive team dynamic, respecting the contributions of others.
- Serve as a liaison to other departments on campus as assigned by the director.
- Manage specialty populations of students as assigned by the director.
- Assist the office in a relentless pursuit of quality processes and an unforgettable campus guest experience.
- Actively contribute to team-based decision-making, planning, and program implementation.
- Support the director of admissions in achieving office goals and serve in a leadership capacity with other staff when asked to do so.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 3-4 years of experience in admissions, recruitment, sales, coaching, or territory management.
- Proven record of meeting goals.
- Experience recruiting in the Lynchburg local area.
- Experience using Slate CRM.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
Professional office environment. The normal workday is from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Must be able to travel 30-40% of the time. Some weekends and evenings are required.
Generous paid vacation, personal days, and paid sick time and family leave, comprehensive insurance (medical, dental, vision, etc.) and retirement plans, flexible spending account, tuition remission, life and long term disability insurance, and more. Learn more about employment benefits at the University of Lynchburg.
We seek candidates who are committed to the University of Lynchburg’s efforts to create an environment that fosters a student-centered environment, develops the breadth of knowledge associated with liberal education, respects and supports diversity, equity, and inclusion, values and celebrates diverse faith traditions, and sustains close working relationships among faculty, staff, students, alumni, and community partners.
How to Apply
Submit an employment application and email a résumé, cover letter, and contact information of three professional references to:
The selected candidate must successfully pass a background check that is satisfactory to the University.
The University of Lynchburg is committed to diversity within its community and welcomes applications from persons of color, women, Indigenous/aboriginal people of North America, persons with disabilities, the LGBTQIA+ community, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of the University of Lynchburg community.
The University of Lynchburg is an equal opportunity employer.