Office of Enrollment Services – Immediate Opening!
The Office of Enrollment Services is seeking to hire an Admissions Counselor. The Admissions Counselor Position is a full-time, entry level position. Start date is immediate.
Responsibilities of the admissions counselor include:
- plan, manage and execute recruitment strategies within a designated geographical market
- requires extensive travel during the fall semester and extended work hours, including some weekends
- conduct interviews and counsel families through the application and enrollment process
- build relationships with prospective students, families and high school professionals to introduce and enroll students to Lynchburg
- participate in admissions application review and decision making
- participate in admissions recruitment events on and off campus
The successful candidate should be comfortable with computer software applications; expect to travel during the fall and spring semesters for recruitment travel, have excellent presentation/communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work independently and support a team effort is critical. A bachelor’s degree and valid driver’s license are required.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, a resume, and a University employment application form (https://www.lynchburg.edu/about/jobs/), along with names and contact information of three professional references to: University of Lynchburg, Attn: Human Resources, 1501 Lakeside Drive, Lynchburg, VA 24501, FAX: (434) 544-8658 or E-mail: . EOE. Deadline to apply is October 18.
The University of Lynchburg is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. The University of Lynchburg strives for a diverse and inclusive community; under-represented groups are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to candidates with experience working with a multicultural and diverse student body.