The University of Lynchburg, a private, regional university in the beautiful foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Central Virginia, invites applications for a full-time, non-exempt Administrative Assistant for the College of Medical Science.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for supporting the programmatic and administrative needs of the College of Medical Science (COMS). This position primarily serves as the face of the college and supports its programs through general office tasks and administrative duties.
This position reports to the Dean of the College of Medical Science and is supervised directly by the Associate Program Directors and Operations Manager.
Job Type: Full-time, benefits eligible.
Specific Job Duties for the Master of PA Medicine:
- Provides administrative support for the College.
- Answers phone calls.
- Manages inventories and orders office supplies for College.
- Schedules appointments and meetings for faculty as needed.
- Responds to questions by phone, e-mail, and in-person regarding specifics about PA/DMSc and the University of Lynchburg.
- Maintains student files per school standards.
- Schedules office and offsite meetings/conferences, resources, and travel for the College.
- Assists with coordinating space for the program in the Graduate Health Sciences building.
- Assists with the DMSc student application process using Slate.
- Assists with the PA student application process using CASPA.
- Provides financial aid guidance for students and faculty in regards to College programs.
- Creates and revises College forms as needed.
- Attends and participates in College and committee meetings.
- Orders and arranges payment for all non-medical equipment as assigned by appropriate Program Directors/Associate Program Directors.
- Processes payments for adjunct faculty or lecturers by identifying payment methods based on university processes.
- Assists with media and publication use.
- Represents the leadership team as needed at meetings.
- Interacts with students, faculty, local clinicians, and accreditation agencies.
- Assist with check requests, reimbursements, and other payments.
- Potential to assist faculty through filing and processing requirements of tenure and promotion process.
- Assists with management of all confidential material adhering to standards.
- Assists in maintaining all materials related to continuing study and self-assessment for SACS.
- Assists with coordination of site visits for accreditation.
- Serves as building coordinator for office space assigned, interfacing with all needed college departments as needed for rapid resolution of problems including work orders or other requests to physical plant, housekeeping, and ITR.
- Assists with updates to the school website.
- Assists with the school e-mail box, responds to potential students with appropriate information.
- May assist with updating social media sites.
- Assists faculty with online course delivery (Moodle) as needed.
- May assist with course offerings and student enrollment.
- Runs on-campus and off-campus errands as needed.
- Some evening and weekend hours will be required.
- Coordinates with the admissions coordinator for the College in regards to the following duties:
- Helping with admissions phone calls.
- Helping with admissions records in the university CRM (Slate).
- Initiating contact, interacting, and counseling applicants of the DMSc and PA Programs.
- College committee assignments; for example, Admissions Committee.
- Initiates, answers, or forwards telephone calls and emails to the appropriate person in the program in a timely manner.
- Attends program meetings.
- Assists with the planning and coordination of orientation and student events.
- Maintains confidentiality of all student information in compliance with FERPA standards.
- Scans and files student papers and documents in their paper and electronic folders each semester.
- Creates student badges and SWOB mission trip badges.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Starting Salary: $33,000 annually.
Benefits: Generous paid vacation, personal days, and paid sick time and family leave, comprehensive insurance (medical, dental, vision, etc.) and retirement plans, flexible spending account, tuition remission, life and long term disability insurance, and more. Learn more about employment benefits at the University of Lynchburg.
Schedule: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (7.5 hours/day with some evening and weekends to meet needs of department may be required.
Physical Demands: Prolonged periods standing or sitting at a desk.
- Minimum of 2 years progressively responsible administrative professional experience required, preferably in higher education.
- Above average knowledge of office procedures. Excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills. Must be a self-starter, have ability to handle multiple priorities, and have a close attention to detail and accuracy. This position requires flexibility, creative problem-solving ability, a positive attitude, and customer service skills. The ideal candidate will be courteous, people-oriented, and have excellent interpersonal skills.
Education: The ideal candidate will have an Associate’s degree, preferably in business or administrative related field.
Work Remotely: No
How to Apply
Submit an employment application and email or mail a résumé, and contact information of three professional references, to:
University of Lynchburg
Attn: Administrative Assistant – College of Medical Science
1501 Lakeside Drive
Lynchburg, VA 24501
References will be checked prior to employment. The selected candidate must successfully pass a background check that is satisfactory to the University.
We seek candidates who are committed to the University of Lynchburg’s efforts to create an environment that fosters a student-centered environment, develops the breadth of knowledge associated with liberal education, respects and supports diversity, equity, and inclusion, values and celebrates diverse faith traditions, and sustains close working relationships among faculty, staff, students, alumni, and community partners.
The University of Lynchburg is committed to diversity within its community and welcomes applications from persons of color, women, Indigenous/aboriginal people of North America, persons with disabilities, the LGBTQIA+ community, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of the University of Lynchburg community.
The University of Lynchburg is an equal opportunity employer.