The University of Lynchburg, a private, regional university in the beautiful foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Central Virginia, is looking for a full-time administrative assistant to join the Office of Marketing and Communications.
This position performs a variety of administrative duties for the Office of Marketing and Communications (MARCOM). This includes general office management, processing and filing invoices, assistance with creative services project management, and other duties as assigned.
- Full-time, non-exempt
- Office manager and project manager
- Serve as a main point of contact and general administrative support for MARCOM: greet office visitors, receive and respond to correspondence, receive and respond to phone calls, distribute mail, inventory and order office supplies, manage various office needs, submit work orders, other administrative duties as assigned or needed.
- Streamline and digitize office processes where needed.
- Process billing/invoices/reimbursements for all events, projects, and publications generated in or coordinated by MARCOM.
- Under supervision of the VP, maintain the departmental budgets and balance with the business office.
Assist with project management using Lytho Workflow, the office’s project management system.
- 2-3 years as an administrative assistant or office manager.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including effective listening skills.
- Excellent reading and writing skills for proofreading.
- Solid mathematical skills.
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized.
- Exceptional time management skills with a strong commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong typing and computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Workspace.
- Self-motivated and assertive; works well independently and as part of a team.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, marketing, or related field.
- Experience with in inMotionNow/Lytho, Asana, or other project management systems.
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Cloud suite.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Lifting up to 30 lbs.
- Professional office environment.
- Generous paid vacation, personal days, and paid sick time and family leave, comprehensive insurance (medical, dental, vision, etc.) and retirement plans, FSA account, tuition remission, and more. Learn more about employment benefits at the University of Lynchburg.
How to Apply
Submit an employment application and email or mail a résumé and contact information of three professional references, to:
University of Lynchburg
Office of Human Resources
1501 Lakeside Drive
Lynchburg, VA 24501
The selected candidate must successfully pass a background check that is satisfactory to the University.
We seek candidates who are committed to the University of Lynchburg’s efforts to create an environment that fosters a student-centered environment, develops the breadth of knowledge associated with liberal education, respects and supports diversity, equity, and inclusion, values and celebrates diverse faith traditions, and sustains close working relationships among faculty, staff, students, alumni, and community partners.
The University of Lynchburg is committed to diversity within its community and welcomes applications from persons of color, women, Indigenous/aboriginal people of North America, persons with disabilities, the LGBTQIA+ community, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of the University of Lynchburg community.
The University of Lynchburg is an equal opportunity employer.