The University of Lynchburg, a private regional university, located in the beautiful foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Central Virginia is seeking a full-time accounts payable coordinator to join our business and finance office team.
The accounts payable coordinator reports to, is supervised by, and evaluated by the assistant controller. The evaluation of work performance will be ongoing and will be carried out by the assistant controller. It will include the specific duties and responsibilities of this position description plus employee attitude, general working behavior and attendance.
- Full-time, benefits eligible
- To assist the business and finance office team in organizing, reviewing, processing, and maintaining an orderly flow of documents necessary for timely payment of the University of Lynchburg’s obligations.
Main job duties:
- Opens daily mail and routes invoices to appropriate departments using Formstack.
- Review of all invoices and payment requests for appropriate approvals, accuracy, appropriate coding.
- Enters invoices and payment requests into Dynamics 365 and processes weekly accounts payable checks.
- Reviews and submits the positive pay file to the Bank after each check run.
Maintains vendor file for the University and responsible for determining 1099 status and transactions.
- Performs annual review of 1099 transactions and preparation of the annual 1099 forms and file submission to the IRS.
- Reissues and voids checks according to established procedures.
- Hires , trains and supervises student assistant.
- Provides assistance to the University community in a positive and timely manner.
- Reconciliation of monthly vendor statements.
- Other duties, as required, related to the accounts payable function of the University.
- Generous paid vacation, personal days, and paid sick time and family leave, comprehensive insurance (medical, dental, vision, etc.) and retirement plans, flexible spending account, tuition remission, life and long term disability insurance, and more. Learn more about employment benefits at the University of Lynchburg.
- 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. (7.5 hours/day with some evening to meet the needs of the department may be required)
- Ability to communicate effectively and have the ability to understand, comprehend and follow directions
- Must have good teamwork skills
- Must have strong analytical and organizational skills
- Accuracy is critical
- Weekly filing of paid invoices and supporting documentation in a filing cabinet
- Two to three years accounts payable experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word)
- Basic accounting knowledge, with an understanding of invoices, payables, and various tax forms.
- Previous experience working in a mid sized organization using an integrated accounting system and electronic workflows
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience
How to Apply
Submit an employment application and email or mail a résumé, and contact information of three professional references, to:
University of Lynchburg
Office of Human Resources
1501 Lakeside Drive
Lynchburg, VA 24501
The selected candidate must successfully pass a background check that is satisfactory to the University.
We seek candidates who are committed to the University of Lynchburg’s efforts to create an environment that fosters a student-centered environment, develops the breadth of knowledge associated with liberal education, respects and supports diversity, equity, and inclusion, values and celebrates diverse faith traditions, and sustains close working relationships among faculty, staff, students, alumni, and community partners.
The University of Lynchburg is committed to diversity within its community and welcomes applications from persons of color, women, Indigenous/aboriginal people of North America, persons with disabilities, the LGBTQIA+ community, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of the University of Lynchburg community.
The University of Lynchburg is an equal opportunity employer.