Knight-Capron Library at the University of Lynchburg has an immediate opening for an Access Services Librarian. The successful candidate will be a service-oriented professional with experience in circulation, reserves, interlibrary loan, and outreach in an academic library; Demonstrate the ability to build partnerships with campus constituencies in order to foster faculty/student engagement and success; Have knowledge of best practices in customer service, staff training, and student employment and share in the provision of instruction, reference, and research services to the campus community. Librarians share liaison responsibility for assigned academic departments. On a rotating basis, night and weekend shifts are required.
- Participatory management of Access Services, staff, and student employees
- Serve as key resource regarding fulfillment and resource sharing services and opportunities by keeping current on training, policies, technology, and trends
- Creatively and collaboratively build partnerships with students, faculty, campus departments, and community groups to support the strategic initiatives of the University
- Work collegially and effectively as part of the library team
- ALA-Accredited MLS, MLIS, MSIS
- 3 years of professional experience in an academic library setting
- Familiarity with circulation, reserves, interlibrary loan, instruction, and student/faculty engagement
- Supervisory experience
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Enthusiasm for patron access services
- Ability to collaborate with a dynamic team of library colleagues for the improvement of library services
Full-time, 12 month, faculty status and academic rank position begins August 1, 2019. Application review begins immediately. Candidate must successfully pass a background check that is satisfactory to the University. To apply, submit a cover letter, CV, and three professional references via email to . EOE
University of Lynchburg is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. University of Lynchburg strives for a diverse and inclusive community; under-represented groups are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to candidates with experience working with a multicultural and diverse student body.