The Office of the Registrar at the University of Lynchburg is seeking applicants for the position of Academic Records Specialist. This is a full-time, 37.5 hours per week, 12-month position, with competitive benefits.
Reporting to the Registrar, the selected candidate will work with the Graduate Studies Office to coordinate records management, class scheduling, degree candidate certification, and enrollment reporting for graduate programs.
The selected candidate must have attention to detail, excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to work well with multiple constituents across departments. The candidate should be able to effectively problem-solve and be able to initiate process improvements to enhance graduate students’ experiences.
A minimum of three years experience in a registrar’s office or similar student-service office on a college/university campus is required. Education attainment at the associate’s level is required with bachelor’s degree preferred. The selected candidate must successfully pass a background check that is satisfactory to the University.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement administrative processes, procedures, and systems with regard to course scheduling and related tasks
- Oversee all aspects of academic course maintenance and scheduling for graduate programs
- Work with graduate students to secure paperwork required to ensure timely degree completion
- Perform audits of graduate student records for degree completion status
- Serve as recorder of graduate studies meetings and reports necessary curriculum changes to the Provost’s office for reporting to general faculty
- Process enrollment and degree verifications
- Perform other duties as needed in support of the Registrar’s Office and Graduate Studies Office
To apply, please submit a cover letter, a resume, and a University employment application form (https://www.lynchburg.edu/about/jobs/), along with names and contact information of three professional references to: University of Lynchburg, Attn: Human Resources, 1501 Lakeside Drive, Lynchburg, VA 24501, fax: 434.544.8658 or email: . EOE.
The University of Lynchburg is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. The University of Lynchburg strives for a diverse and inclusive community; under-represented groups are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to candidates with experience working with a multicultural and diverse student body.