The PA Medicine program in the College of Health Sciences invites applications for a full-time (12 month) assistant professor clinical or tenure-track position beginning June 2019. The PA Medicine program has received Accreditation-Provisional from the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for Physician Assistants.
Responsibilities include teaching core medicine courses; teaching bedside ultrasound; assisting both the clinical and didactic directors; and participating in program management. The candidate selected for this position will engage in scholarly and service activities consistent with the requirements of the School of PA Medicine; collaborate with local community agencies; and actively pursue involvement in professional organizations at the regional, state, and national levels. Clinical faculty will participate with providing clinical oversight to students in a free clinic setting.
- NCCPA certified PA or Board certified allopathic or osteopathic physician
- Virginia PA/MD/DO license or eligible for licensure
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in a health related field
- For PAs, a doctoral degree or willingness to enter and complete a doctoral program is preferred
- Consideration given to non-clinicians with strong science/health science background who possess a minimum of a Master’s degree
- Greater than 3 years of clinical experience
- Experience teaching in a PA program or Medical School is preferred
- Experience in communities with multicultural and multilingual students and healthcare providers
- Teaching, scholarship, and service interests in diverse communities
- Strong commitment to underserved populations and improving healthcare access
Application review begins immediately and will continue until position is filled. Salary, rank, and faculty status are commensurate with experience and educational credentials. Selected candidate must pass a background check that is satisfactory to the University.
Interested candidates should send a letter of application, and a current vita to: Dr. Jeremy M. Welsh, DHSc, JD, PA-C, DFAAPA, Associate Dean, School Chair and Director, School of PA Medicine, 1501 Lakeside Drive, Lynchburg, VA 24501, firstname.lastname@example.org, Fax: 434-544-8896. EOE.
The University of Lynchburg is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. The University of Lynchburg strives for a diverse and inclusive community; under-represented groups are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to candidates with experience working with a multicultural and diverse student body.