University of Lynchburg, Lynchburg, Virginia. The School of PA Medicine invites applications for a full-time (12 month) assistant/associate professor, clinical or tenure-track position. This position will report to the School Chair and provide clinical leadership for the innovative and visionary doctorate education for certified and licensed PAs wishing to advance their academic credentials with emphasis in leadership and advanced clinical medicine. The candidate selected for this position will engage in teaching, scholarship, and service activities consistent with the requirements of the School of PA Medicine and the College of Health Science, collaborate with local community agencies and healthcare providers, and actively pursue involvement in professional organizations at the regional, state, and national levels.
- NCCPA certified PA
- Virginia PA license or eligible for licensure
- Minimum of a doctoral degree in health related field.
- Greater than 10 years of clinical experience
- Experience teaching in a PA program or Medical School required
- Proven history in PA Leadership, Scholarship, and Advocacy
- Experience with developing/working managing online curriculum
- Experience in communities with multi-cultural and multi-lingual students and healthcare providers
- Teaching, scholarship, and service interests in diverse communities
- Strong commitment to underserved populations and improving healthcare access
Application review begins immediately and will continue until position is filled. Salary, rank, and faculty status are commensurate with experience and educational credentials. Candidate must successfully pass a background check that is satisfactory to the University.
Interested candidates should send a letter of application, and a current vita to: Dr. Jeremy M. Welsh, DHSc, JD, PA-C, DFAAPA, Associate Dean, Program Chair and Director, School of PA Medicine, 1501 Lakeside Drive, Lynchburg, VA 24501, , Fax: 434-544-8896. EOE.
The University of Lynchburg is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. The University of Lynchburg strives for a diverse and inclusive community; under-represented groups are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to candidates with experience working with a multicultural and diverse student body.