The School of PA Medicine invites applications for a full-time (12 month) assistant/associate professor, clinical track position, beginning September 2020. This position will work directly with the DMSc leadership team for the innovative and visionary doctorate education for PAs wishing to advance their academic credentials with emphasis in leadership and advanced clinical medicine. The candidate selected for this position will engage in teaching, scholarship, and service activities consistent with the requirements of the School of PA Medicine and the College of Health Science, collaborate with local community agencies and healthcare providers, and actively pursue involvement in professional organizations at the regional, state, national, and international levels.
- NCCPA certified PA
- Virginia PA license or eligible for licensure
- Minimum of a doctoral degree in health related field.
- Greater than 10 years of clinical experience
- Experience teaching in a PA program or Medical School required
- Experience with developing/working managing online curriculum
- Experience in communities with multi-cultural and multi-lingual students and healthcare providers
- Teaching, scholarship, and service interests in diverse communities
- Strong commitment to underserved populations and improving healthcare access
Application review begins immediately and will continue until position is filled. Salary, rank, and faculty status are commensurate with experience and educational credentials. Candidate must successfully pass a background check that is satisfactory to the University.
Interested candidates should send a letter of application, and a current vita to:
Dr. Jeremy M. Welsh, DHSc, JD, PA-C, DFAAPA
Dean, Program Chair and Director
School of PA Medicine
1501 Lakeside Drive
Lynchburg, VA 24501