As COVID-19 (coronavirus) began to spread rapidly across the United States, tough decisions had to be made to protect our students, faculty, and staff. The virus posed a tremendous risk to our campus community and it quickly became clear that it would not abate by the end of the semester. After much deliberation, the following decisions were made:
- Classes were conducted online for the remainder of the spring semester.
- Commencement Exercises, originally scheduled for May 15, were rescheduled for October 30-31. Read more here.
- Classes will resume on campus for Fall 2020. Read more here.
Decisions also were made about staffing, pay, and benefits.
- At this time, all staff, whether they are working on or off campus or not, are being paid.
- Health insurance will continue for all employees, regardless of whether they are actively working.
- Tuition remission has not been affected.
- You may adjust retirement contributions during this time.
- With some exceptions, student workers will not be working during this time.
Please check the FAQs for more details.
Questions or Concerns
- Staff Advisory Committee (SAC):
- Human Resources (HR):
The FAQs below were last updated the morning of May 6, 2020.