As COVID-19 (coronavirus) began to spread rapidly across the United States, tough decisions had to be made to protect our students, faculty, and staff. The virus posed a tremendous risk to our campus community and it quickly became clear that it would not abate by the end of the semester. After much deliberation, the following decisions were made:
- Classes were conducted online for the remainder of the spring semester.
- Commencement Exercises, originally scheduled for May 15, were rescheduled for October 30-31. Read more here.
- Classes will resume on campus for Fall 2020. Read more here.
- SAMHSA: Taking Care of Your Behavioral Health During an Infectious Disease Outbreak: Tips for Social Distancing, Quarantine, and Isolation (EXCELLENT! This is a handout.)
- SAMHSA: Tips for Health Care Practitioners and Responders: Helping Survivors Cope with Grief After a Disaster or Traumatic Event
- APA: Keeping Your Distance to Stay Safe
- APA: Seven Crucial Research Findings That Can Help People Deal with COVID-19
- APA: Five Ways to View Coverage of the Coronavirus
- CDC: Information for Healthcare Professionals
- SAMHSA: Tips for Survivors of a Disaster or Other Traumatic Event: Managing Stress
- WHO: Briefing Note on Addressing Mental Health and Psychosocial Aspects of COVID-19 Outbreak
- APA: Pandemics
The FAQs below were last updated May 6, 2020.
Working from Home
Coming to Campus
Campus Safety and Security staff will be securing all other exterior doors that require a physical key. Many of you have keys that access doors to your building or office space as part of your normal day-to-day employment. Please continue to use them as you normally would, but we ask that you make sure doors remain secure after you enter the facility, and that you notify Campus Safety and Security when you are on campus.
If you discover areas that you cannot access during this time, please call Campus Safety and Security and they will assist you.
For those who need a device looked at in person, ITR has on-campus office hours from 10 a.m. to noon on Tuesdays and from 2 to 4 p.m. on Thursdays. For in-person attention, please contact ITR by email first so they can do some basic troubleshooting. If the issue requires a visit to ITR, an appointment will be made. Contact ITR at email@example.com or 434.544.8350.
Should you choose not to attend a conference, either because it is canceled or you are concerned about viral transmission, please do seek refunds for the conference or travel arrangements. Cancel hotel reservations, seek refunds for airlines, etc. Whatever you cannot recoup, we will reimburse you.
In all cases, individuals who have already been reimbursed for conference registration and/or travel funds by the University and are subsequently reimbursed by outside organizations and travel companies should return the University’s reimbursement.
Any questions should be directed to the Office of the Associate Provost.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP): The EAP assists employees and their families in resolving personal problems that may be interfering with work or home life. Call toll-free: 1.800.645.1246. You may also email Tammy Ayers in human resources (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information on the EAP.
- Life Expert app: Life Expert offers 24/7 connectivity to live counselors; thousands of up-to-date topic related articles, videos, and worksheets; health and lifestyle assessments; and interactive checklists. How to get the Life Expert app:
- Visit mylifeexpert.com
- Click “create an account with company code”
- Use access code: unvl
- BeBetter Health Solutions: BeBetter Health has lots of webinars, challenges, and information to promote overall health and wellness. See the instructions below for access:
- Log on: bebetterhealth.net
- For new users, click the “account set-up” option.
- Fill in the requested information.
- For Organization ID, use 2419.
- For Member ID, use your full birthdate (MM/DD/YYYY) plus the last six digits of your social security number.
- Select a username and password.
- For assistance with login, please call 1.866.748.0957 or email email@example.com.
- TAO Connect: We have partnered with TAO Connect to offer free access to module-based, online, therapeutic interventions. Information can be accessed through the app on an Apple or Android phone, as well as through a desktop computer. You will have access to a mindfulness library, daily practice tools for journaling and logging symptoms, quizzes, and more. Sign-up with your University email at: thepath.taoconnect.org.