Fees & Charges
Enrollment & Reservation Deposits
- Save your space at LC with your reservation deposit (new students) or enrollment deposit (returning students).
- We offer a variety of meal plans to choose from so you can pick the one that best suits your needs. Residential students must purchase a meal plan.
- All residence halls and most other College housing have on-site laundry facilities.
Finance Charges & Late Fees
- Failure to satisfy obligations to the College when due will result in finance charges of 1 1/2 percent per month, which is an annual percentage rate of 18 percent.
- Grade transcripts, re-enrollment, and diplomas may also be withheld for past due accounts.
- A late fee of $75 will be assessed for accounts established after the due date.
- Full-time traditional age (under age 25) undergraduates are charged a comprehensive tuition fee that allows the student to take 12 to 18 credit hours per semester.
- Students taking more than 18 credit hours per semester will be charged an overload fee (for each credit hour over 18) equal to the current hourly rate.
- Overload fees are determined on the basis of enrollment at the end of the first three weeks of each semester.
- Networked Internet access is available in all College-owned housing.
- Provides e-mail, web-hosting, and www access.
- For more information about Lynchburg College networking, see the Information Technology and Resources pages.
Comprehensive Technology Fee
- Applies to all resident students.
- Fee is $300 per semester.
- Used to provide technology-related services to resident students including network access, computer labs, and cable television.
General Technology Fee
- Applies to non-resident students.
- Used to purchase or upgrade computers for classrooms and computer labs, plus the cost of operating the computer labs.
- Fee is $60 per semester for full-time non-resident students.
- For part-time non-resident students, the fee is $5.10 per credit hour.
Student Activities Fee
- Provides support to student activities and organizations.
- Managed by the Student Government Association.
- The fee is $92.50 per semester for all full-time students.
- $25 per semester for Access students
- Refundable on the same basis as tuition.
- Provides for the construction, maintenance, and operation of new facilities for student activities.
- Fee is $80 per student per semester for full-time traditional-age students.
Health Insurance: Required?
All students are expected to have health insurance. While Lynchburg College does not offer or endorse one specific plan, you have a few options to choose from. For example, you could contact your personal insurance representative to purchase an individual policy, or you could contact an insurance company such as Anthem (www.anthem.com) directly to purchase an individual policy. It is important that you select the plan that best fits the needs of your student. Please be diligent in your review to find the best policy for you.