Costs, Financial Aid, and Scholarships
You can't afford not to study abroad!
Here are a few things to consider in addition to tuition and fees:
- In today's global world, employers place an ever-increasing importance on having a globally and culturally competent workforce.
- There is no better time to gain the cross-cultural skills and understanding employers seek than as a college student on a study abroad program.
- Upon return, study abroad students rave about their experiences and affirm that what they gained from their time overseas far outweighs the costs involved.
- By 2025, the Hispanic population will form the largest minority in the United States, and the United States will be the second largest Spanish-speaking country in the world. The ability to speak Spanish will be a tremendous professional asset.
Alumnus Drew Miller '00 studied in Spain while a student at LC. He now lives in Argentina, where he started a company called ECOSUR, which exports wine and other products to the United States. Drew encourages students to pursue language studies and study abroad: "I cannot underscore enough the importance of an international experience. It is a life-changing event! Think of it as an investment in your future."
Study abroad offers students the opportunity to gain the following:
- Foreign language ability
- Cross-cultural skills and understanding
- Resume-building experience through internships, field placements, and service-learning
- A global perspective