Bonner Leaders programs are supported in approximately 60 colleges and universities in the nation by the Corella and Bertram F. Bonner Foundation.
At LC, Bonner Leaders spend 2 or 3 years in the program, working with community members on issues like educational opportunities, hunger and homelessness, environmental concerns, and youth development.
Bonner Leaders receive service scholarships and earn AmeriCorps Education Awards for their work in the community.
Advocacy in Action
As Bonners, we believe students are citizens now. They take action on a variety of issues and make change with the community. Check out our projects to learn more about what we do.
Program components include:
- Participation in regular training and reflection activities
- Team-building activities to build a cohesive, supportive group of Bonner Leaders
- Leadership development through student-designed and coordinated projects
- Promoting understanding of social justice
- Opportunities to participate in community-based research (CBR) projects with faculty and community partners
The 6 Common Commitments:
- Social justice
- Civic engagement
- Spiritual exploration
- International perspective
- Community building