The Student Employment Program provides students meaningful work experiences, opportunities to learn valuable skills, and income to help with costs associated with college.
Priority in job placement is given to students who are work-study eligible, but jobs are available to all students.
To Find Vacant Positions
- Go to your myLC page
- Underneath the Hornet Headquarters banner click on the “Resources” tab
- Once there, click “Current Student Employment Opportunities”
Federal Work-Study Program
The Federal Work-Study (FWS) Program is a federally-funded Title IV financial aid program. It helps students earn money to meet educational costs while providing experience relating to the their major or career interests.
- The Federal Work-Study (FWS) award is included on a student’s Financial Aid package and is based on financial need and satisfactory academic progress.
- Students must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to determine eligibility the Federal Work-Study program.
- Students receiving FWS are given priority in consideration for campus employment.
Students not eligible for FWS may work on campus under the College Program (CP). The student’s earnings are paid with College funds.
- College Program students will be notified via email when they may begin interviewing for jobs.
- Once hired, a college program award is set up as part of the student’s Financial Aid Package.