Through education about decisions and consequences, PACE – Peer Advocates for Campus Education – helps students make positive personal choices.
If you love helping people and leading others, you may qualify to be a peer educator. For more information about joining PACE, check out the requirements or contact Tonya Price at or 434.544.8589.
Some of our events and residence hall programs inlude:
- Alcohol Awareness Week
- Sexual Responsibility Week
- Pot and Popcorn (marijuana and other drugs)
- Run for Your Life (fitness and nutrition)
- S’More Lovin’ (healthy relationships)
- Sex in the Dark (gender and sexual health)
As a PACE member, you will play an important role in encouraging your peers to consider, talk honestly about, and develop responsible habits and attitudes toward alcohol use, sexual responsibility, tobacco prevention, marijuana use, sexual assault, and various other health and wellness topics.
- Must be enrolled as a full-time or part-time student at Lynchburg College
- A cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Genuine interest in health promotion, education, and prevention programs
- Demonstrate the ability to balance academic and co-curricular work
- Serve as a responsible role model both on and off campus representing
- Willingness to work within the framework and policies of Lynchburg College
- Understanding and acceptance of responsibility
- Emotional stability and mature judgment
- Awareness of personal limits and capabilities
- An attitude that will promote healthy lifestyle choices for self and others
- Attend all meetings (you may use up to three excused absences per semester)
- Attend all sub-committee meetings
- Attend all training sessions and successfully complete the Certified Peer Educator (CPE) program
- Complete a minimum of 20 PACE hours per semester
- Record and turn in hours to president on the last meeting of each month, with any related information
- Accept and abide by the responsibilities and limits of confidentiality
- Maintain the highest level of professionalism and improve your level of knowledge in the field of health and wellness by seeking out learning opportunities
- Support principles of health, wellness, and positive lifestyle choices in spirit and practice
PACE is an affiliate of The BACCHUS Network (www.bacchusnetwork.org). More than 30,000 students around the world are involved as affiliates of this peer education network.