Parking Area Designations
All parking areas on campus are designated for use by specific constituents; these designations are indicated by color-coded parking lines and decal type:
|Yellow Fire Lane||NO PARKING AT ANY TIME|
|Green||Reserved 24/7 for College Vehicles/Visitor|
|*Student parking designations are further specified by decal type:|
|Commuter||Student spaces in parking lots designated as “Commuter” or “Open” lots|
|Resident||Student spaces outside residence halls|
|Southside||Student spaces designated for one’s assigned College house, apartment, or townhouse|
|First Year||Limited spaces available. All First Year resident students will be required to park 24/7 in the lower lot, near Peaksview Hall, accessible only off Thomas Road and scanning your college ID at the lift gate entrance. Pedestrian ID assessable gates are located at each end of the lot for walk-in access. Surveillance cameras monitor this lot 24/7/365.|
- All faculty/staff spaces designated by yellow lines are reserved from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. At other times (i.e., 5 p.m. to 7 a.m. Monday through Friday and throughout Saturday and Sunday), faculty/staff spaces designated by yellow lines are available for use by students (except those with freshman decals) unless indicated otherwise (e.g., by traffic cone).
- If a vehicle is parked in a space other than its assigned area, the vehicle registrant will be cited for parking in an undesignated space.
- All campus parking spaces indicated by blue lines are reserved for individuals who have received disability parking privileges through their local Division of Motor Vehicles or state agency. Individuals desiring on-campus parking accommodation for a short-term, temporary disability may request permission from Campus Safety and Security to park in faculty, staff, or student spaces as convenient. (Approval of a request does not permit parking in spaces designated in blue for disabled drivers.) A state issued disability mirror tag provided for approved short-term requests must be displayed while the vehicle is parked on campus.
- The College reserves the right to change or otherwise restrict parking designations and traffic patterns as conditions warrant. Parking in areas reserved by traffic cones/barrier tape or moving either of these will result in the issuance of a parking citation.
- Lack of convenient parking or lack of a space in any particular area on campus do not excuse violation of the Lynchburg College Traffic Code.
- The campus-wide speed limit is 15 MPH, and drivers must yield to all pedestrian traffic.
- Failure to stop as directed by a campus security officer or other College official and driving in a reckless manner (including speeding) will result in issuance of a citation. Also, an incident report will be written for review by the appropriate judicial body. Adjudication of violations of the Lynchburg College Traffic Code may result in loss of privileges to use a vehicle on campus.
- Any individual receiving an excessive number of parking citations is subject to loss of his/her on campus parking privileges.
- All vehicles will be subject to tow at the owner’s expense after receipt of two citations or more. Lynchburg College is not responsible for any damage resulting from towing and/or storage of the vehicle. All towed vehicles will be held in the Bee Line Towing, Inc. impound lot located at 155 Airpark Drive, Lynchburg, Virginia 24502. Bee Line can be reached at 434.239.5386.
- All vehicle accidents occurring on campus property and adjacent roadways are required to be reported immediately to Campus Safety and Security. An incident report will be filed. Failure to provide accurate information regarding an accident may violate state and local laws, as well as College policies.
- A vehicle that becomes inoperable or disabled must be reported to Campus Safety and Security. The owner will be given a reasonable amount of time to repair or remove the vehicle from campus.
Parking and Traffic Fines
Unauthorized parking in areas designated for fire lanes and for handicapped parking results in the following fines:
- Fire lane – $100 each offense
- Handicapped space – $100-$500 each offense*
All fines for parking and traffic violations listed below are $50 per each offense:
- Unregistered vehicle
- Parking in a faculty/staff space
- Parking in a student space
- Parking in a visitor space
- Parking in a 24-hour reserved space (indicated by green lines)
- Parking in a reserved space – coned off
- Parking in a loading zone
- Parking in an undesignated space*
- Parking on the grass*
- Blocking driveway/roadway*
- Overtime parking*
- Expired temporary tag*
- Improperly displayed LC parking decal*
- Reckless Driving*
- Speeding/exceeding the posted campus-wide speed limit (15 MPH)*
- Failure to stop at a stop sign*
*Enforceable by Campus Safety and Security officers, other designated College staff and local/state law enforcement officers.
Payment of Fines
- All parking and traffic fines will be billed automatically to faculty, staff, and student accounts. Payments may be made at the Cashier’s Office, located on the fourth floor of Hall Campus Center, during regular business hours or mailed along with the monthly bill.
- Anyone wishing to appeal a parking citation may do so by visiting their myLC page (use tabs “Personal” and “My Tickets”) and completing the online appeal form. All appeals must be submitted within 72 hours of the date and time the citation was issued. Appeals received after 72 hours will not be considered. If a fine is reduced or dismissed upon appeal, the amount will be adjusted accordingly on the appropriate faculty, staff, or student account.