Summer Employment Opportunities: 2013
Claytor Nature Study Center - Day Camp Instructor
Hourly rate: $7.35
Hours per week: 25
Camp Instructors guide campers to participate successfully in all aspects of camp activities.
- Knows, understands, and carries out the camp's mission
- Works collaboratively with camp staff to plan all camp programs and related activities
- Works closely, cooperatively and amicably with other staff members
- Treats staff members and campers with respect
- Treats all camper information with respect and confidentiality
- Exhibits and maintains a kind, cheerful, and flexible attitude, and promotes such an attitude to the entire camp
- Models positive interactions with nature
- Plans and leads fun, meaningful, and educational activities for camp participants
- Reports problems and seeks advice from the Camp Director when needed
- Provides a safe learning environment for camp participants
- Participates in all required camp trainings, orientations, and staff meetings
- Attends all camp safety rules and regulations
- Supervises campers heath and well being
First Aid/CPR Training is a plus.
Minimum of 6 months experience teaching and/or working with kids.
College Communications and Marketing (CCM) - Videographer & Web Page Technical Assistant
Session: Summer with potential for fall employment
Hourly rate: $7.25
- Concept creation, scripting, camera operation, interviewing, video editing
- Photography as needed
Strong interest in video production and web editing, preferably experienced in one or both.
Interest in video, solid language/communication skills, strong work ethic. Experience with basic web design principles, HTML.
Maintenance of Grounds - Landscaper
Positions available: 1
Maintenance of College grounds.
- "Policing" grounds
- Weed eater
- Hand truck