Sexual Misconduct Policy Sanctions
Student Conduct Code policies prohibiting sexual misconduct appear at both the A- and B-levels. Sexual misconduct violations are subject to the full range of sanctionsdescribed in the Lynchburg College Honor and Student Conduct Codes and Regulations. Prior harassment and/or sexual misconduct-related violations of the Student Conduct Code are always taken into consideration when sanctioning similar subsequent violations, regardless of the time between such violations.
Suspension from Lynchburg College is the standard sanction for an A-level violation of the Sexual Misconduct Policy; expulsion is issued in more serious cases.
Any student seeking readmission to Lynchburg College after suspension for an A-level Sexual Misconduct Policy violation must complete the following prior to submitting a readmission application:
- Counseling or other structured educational program to develop a clear understanding of sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, and appropriate interpersonal conduct
- A research paper on sexual harassment and sexual misconduct
Any student re-enrolled after suspension for an A-level Sexual Misconduct Policy violation must complete the following:
- Refrain from having any in-person, written, or electronic communication (i.e., no contact) with the complainant, including not visiting in the residence of the complainant throughout the re-enrolled student's tenure;
- Change class schedule when necessary to ensure that the re-enrolled student does not attend classes with the complainant;
- Adjust on-campus living location when necessary to ensure that the re-enrolled student does not reside in the same building or same type of Southside housing (e.g., College house, townhouse, apartment, or Court) as the complainant. (NOTE: If the complainant moves into a building or type of Southside housing in which the re-enrolled student already resides, then the re-enrolled student does not have to move.);
- Complete up to 50 hours of community service in the first semester of return; and
- Remain on limited probation regarding Sexual Misconduct Policy violations throughout tenure at Lynchburg College;
A re-enrolled student who does not comply with the conditions set forth above may be expelled from Lynchburg College.