John M. Turner Essay Contest
What is the good life?
Describe your idea of the good life, and the reasons for your view. What is required for one's life to be good, meaningful, and happy?
Award: $1,000 for books or tuition!
Eligibility: Registered undergraduate full-time LC students
- Clear articulation of position and arguments given
- Carefully proofread submissions
- Observation of rules for Standard English usage in writing
- Tightly focused essays
- Originality and imagination
- Eloquence of writing style
- Eight to ten pages (roughly 3,000 words)
- Must be original, unpublished work of one student
- Only one essay per student per year may be submitted
- Titled, typed in 12-pt easily readable font, double-spaced, 1-inch margins, numbered pages
Submissions will be judged anonymously. No name or identifying references should appear on the title page or within the document.
Deadline: Submit your entry by 5 p.m. on Friday, May 3, 2013.