For Undergraduate Students
To successfully complete your degree and become licensed to teach, you must enter the teacher preparation program and complete student teaching.
Requirements for admission to the teacher preparation program:
- Completed teacher preparation program application on file by November 1 of the junior year or March 20 of sophomore year
- Praxis I Math passing score and VCLA; or Praxis I Reading, Writing, Math passing composite; or submit approved SAT or ACT scores
- Minimum 2.5 overall QPA
- Completion of (or currently enrolled in) core courses with grades of C- or above.
Requirements for admission to student teaching:
- Completed student teaching application on file by February 1 for fall student teaching or September 15 for spring student teaching
- Overall minimum 2.5 GPA and 2.75 QPA in major
- Full admission to the Teacher Preparation Program
- Completion of all major courses including content courses and secondary education minor courses with grades of C- or above
- Submit Praxis II scores
- 3 favorable recommendations