School of Communication and the Arts
You love to make connections with people through your words, your music, or your art. You think museums are exciting places. You go to plays. You write for the school newspaper - and for your own blog.
In the School of Communication and the Arts, we have academic programs and outside-the-classroom opportunities for you.
- Art major: graphic design and studio art emphases
- Studio art minor
- Art history minor
- Communication Studies major, with communication and social influence, convergent journalism, electronic media, and public relations emphases
- Communication and social influence minor
- Convergent journalism minor
- Electronic media minor
- Public relations/journalism minor
- Music major, with instrumental performance, instrumental performance education, vocal performance, vocal performance education emphases
- Music minor
- Music for children minor
- Music performance minor
- Theatre major, with design/technical, general, and performance emphases
- Teacher licensure in theatre
- Theatre minor
There are dozens of performing groups to join, or just to enjoy. We have instrumental ensembles, choirs, plays, and dance performances.
Check the calendar for upcoming events, and visit the department pages for more information on how to join these groups.
Daura Art Gallery
The Daura Gallery is named for Catalan-American artist Pierre Daura, and houses the LC permanent collection, visiting exhibits, and student exhibitions.
Donovan Media Development Center
The Donovan Media Development Center produces high-quality media development for organizations. Work-study students apprentice with faculty professionals on projects.