Political science is the study of government, but it is also the study of human nature, morality, and justice. If you major (BA) or minor in political science, you'll learn about the different systems – both current and past – people have used to govern themselves.
What Will I Study?
Your classes will explore the history of politics in America and other countries. You will also learn about different philosophies of politics and justice.
Political science majors complete a senior seminar project, which culminates in writing and presenting a research paper.
What Kind of Job Can I Get?
Political science majors often plan to work in government or attend law school after college. Jobs include:
- Customs or immigration officer
- Policy analyst
- State legislator
What Are Some of Our Graduates Doing?
- Executive Director, County Commisioners Association of Pennsylvania
- Financial Manager, United States Marine Corps
- Analyst, National Security Associates Worldwide
- Electricity Industry Specialist, US Department of Energy
- Federal Officer, US Customs and Border Patrol