March 22 and 23
LC campus, Bedford YMCA, Lake Rawlings
Adventure Diver or Advanced Driver
College and community are welcome
Min #5 Max 10
$270 ($225 for previous LC scuba students)
Building upon what you have already learned, this course expands on what you already know about how to prevent problems, and how to manage them if they occur.
What You Learn
- Recognizing and managing stress in other divers
- Emergency management and equipment
- Rescuing panicked divers/rescuing unresponsive divers
- Swimming and non-swimming assists/panicked diver response
- Underwater problems/missing diver procedures
- Surfacing the unconscious diver/in-water artificial respiration
- Getting victims out of the water
- First aid procedures for pressure related accidents
- The entire course comes together in mock dive accident scenarios
- Pool fees
- Instructor fees
- Certification fee (lifetime certification)
- Book and materials
Not Included: lodging, entrance fees at Lake Rawlings ($27.50 per day), food, transportation.
Equipment rental available for an extra charge of $40. CPR/AED fee is $55. You will need your own pocket mask, not provided.
Classroom: Lynchburg College campus - one Friday (evening) (4 - 8 p.m.)
One Saturday Pool
One Sunday of dives at Lake Rawlings
- You must be 15 years or older
- You must have a PADI Adventures in Diving certification (or a qualifying certification from another organization)
- If you need CPR, a separate course is available the week prior to this course; cost is $55
- You must be trained and current for CPR within the previous two years
Scuba programs are taught by certified PADI Instructor (#240335), Paul Stern.