Peak Performance Buoyancy
Lake Rawlings, Rawlings, Va.
$65 (or $55 for previous LC SCUBA students)
College and community are welcome
Buoyancy skills separate the good divers from the great divers. Be the diver you want to be with ultimate buoyancy control and able to hover close to the bottom to examine underwater organisms without touching them.
In the Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty course, you'll use PADI's Basic Weighting Guidelines to determine the correct amount of weight for optimum control, poise, and balance. By mastering streamlining, you move through the water cleanly, efficiently, and gracefully.
Then you'll practice the fundamentals of Peak Performance Buoyancy during two open water dives, including the buoyancy check, fine-tuning buoyancy underwater, weight positioning for trim, streamlining, and visualization.
- Buoyancy fundamentals, weighting and adjustments
- Streamlining, balance and trim
- Fine tuning buoyancy and mastering hovering
- Two open water dives
- Fee includes equipment rental, materials, and certification fee
Where can I go from here?
Your Adventures In Diving Peak Performance Buoyancy Adventure Dive may count towards your Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty course at instructor discretion. This Specialty course also counts toward one of the five Specialties required for your Advanced diver certification and PADI Master Scuba Diver certification.
- You must have a PADI Open Water Diver certification (or qualifying certification from another organization)
- You must be at least 10 years old
Scuba programs are taught by certified PADI Instructor (#240335), Paul Stern.