Museum Studies Minor
What Will I Study?
This minor is the only interdisciplinary undergraduate program in museum studies in Virginia. Students gain an understanding of museums through courses that stress theoretical concepts and hands-on experiences in LC's Daura Gallery, the Ramsey-Freer Herbarium, and Historic Sandusky.
What Kinds of Museums Are There?
There are museums that collect and exhibit everything - museums for art, history, historic buildings, natural history, science and technology. There are sports halls-of-fame, aquariums, botanical gardens, and zoos. There are even mustard museums and circus museums. You'll find a museum for you!
Where are Some of Our Graduates Now?
- National Park Service
- U.S. Army Center for Military History
- Fort Ticonderoga
- State Museum of Pennsylvania
- Amazement Square Rightmere Children's Museum
- History Museum of Western Virginia
- Virginia Air and Space Center
Graduate Schools LC Museum Studies Graduates Have Attended
- The George Washington University
- Georgetown University
- University of Leicester
- University of Durham
- Rice University
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- Northern Colorado State University