Modern Language Resource Center
Free Tutoring and Conversation Practice
Tutoring and conversation practice in French, German, Latin, and Spanish are offered free of charge to all currently enrolled students in 101, 102, or 201 and are led by qualified upper-level students who have been recommended by faculty.
Individual or two-person sessions are available at 20-minute intervals by appointment or walk-in, with appointments strongly suggested.
Please see the sign on the door in Schewel 366 or contact your professor about language-specific hours of availability.
- 26 fully equipped student workstations
- Individual language "break-out" rooms that can be reserved by foreign language faculty or students
- Faculty teaching French, German, or Hispanic topics can reserve the MLRC and show VHS or DVD movies from virtually any region in the world
- Foreign language faculty can check-out portable video cameras and a "still" camera for classroom use
- Faculty involved with French, German, or Hispanic topics can check-out any of our foreign-language videos for a class or a three-day weekend
- Various other teaching resources can be checked-out for in-class instruction
Hours of Operation and Tutoring
If you have any further questions or comments, call the center at 434.544.8312 or contact Dr. Sharon Robinson, director, at email@example.com or 434.544.8601.