Online Master of Science in Nursing
Lynchburg College's online Master of Science in Nursing Program is founded on evidence-based nursing practice and provides educational experiences that are grounded in current knowledge and research.
Our program offers you a professional development opportunity using a convenient online format. Founded on evidence-based nursing practice, the MSN provides educational experiences that are grounded in current knowledge and research.
What will I study?
The MSN prepares you to be a leader in patient care through our Clinical Nurse Leader emphasis:
- advanced nursing leadership education for nurses who want to advance their careers while continuing to provide expert bedside care
- rigorous accredited curriculum that emphasizes evidence-based practice and critical thinking skills
- flexible class schedules that work around demanding schedules
- 37 credit-hour program
- May be completed in 18 months
- Clinical experiences in healthcare settings
The Clinical Nurse Leader MSN will prepare you to:
- Provide and manage care to individuals at the point of care anywhere healthcare is delivered
- Provide leadership at the bedside, in the practice setting, and as a member of the interdisciplinary team
- Improve clinical outcomes using evidence-based practice
- Affect change within the healthcare system through the use of Quality Improvement and Healthcare Informatics that enhance understanding of the economics of care, cost-effectiveness and resource utilization
The Lynchburg College nursing program is approved by the Virginia Board of Nursing, 9960 Maryland Drive, Suite 300, Henrico, Va. 23233-1463; 804.367.4515
The baccalaureate degree in nursing/master's degree in nursing at Lynchburg College is accredited by the Commission of Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). http://www.aacn.nche.edu/ccne-accreditation