Summer Reading Clinic
Improve Your Child's Chances for Success
Our intensive, 5-week program gives struggling readers the personal attention they need to improve their literacy skills and gain confidence.
The 2014 clinic will be held June 13 - July 18. Enrollment for this year's clinic is now full.
How it Works
Your child's tutor will:
- Assess your child's reading performance to determine strengths and weaknesses using appropriate reading assessments.
- Design an individualized remediation plan based on the assessment results
- Use evidence-based teaching strategies which include daily reading and activities to improve the way reading occurs
- Provide a summary report to parents based on pre- and post-assessment results, which parents may share with their child's school.
All tutors are graduates of the Master in Education in Reading Program or are currently licensed reading specialists and will be supervised by Lynchburg College professors who will actively be involved in the clinic.
Who Can Participate
Any K-12 student struggling with reading who is:
- Recommended by a classroom teacher
- Experiencing significant reading difficulties
Only $300 for 5 weeks - less than most private tutoring of comparable quality.
No additional applications are being accepted as the 2014 clinic is now full.
For information about the summer reading clinic, please contact Dr. Jeri Watts, firstname.lastname@example.org or
Dr. Jeri Watts
School of Education and Human Development
1501 Lakeside Dr.
Lynchburg, VA 24501
We are committed to enrolling students of diverse backgrounds.