Master of Arts in Music
If you are a choral or instrumental conducting professional, our intensive MA in music program will provide you with advanced, in-depth training to further develop your skills and prepare you for doctoral programs in conducting.
Lynchburg College's Master of Arts degree in Music is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM). The program is offered for 6 weeks in the summer and can be completed in 4 summers or 3 summers and one academic year.
Our 36-hour program includes:
- Emphasis on choral/instrumental conducting skills and stylistic awareness
- Practical training in conducting
- Instrumental and choral/vocal pedagogy
- Performance practices, score preparation, rehearsal techniques, applied music
- Graduate recital and comprehensive exam
Dr. Jong Kim