Master of Arts in English
MA English students deepen their knowledge of literature and develop professional abilities in literary analysis and writing.
The MA prepares you for:
- Further graduate study in English
- Teaching in secondary schools and colleges
- Professional writing and editing
- Further study and careers in fields requiring critical analysis, creative thinking, literary knowledge, or the ability to communicate in precise, persuasive prose.
The seminar-style courses engage you in rigorous intellectual and aesthetic studies of literature. In researching and writing the thesis, you will work individually with faculty to complete an in-depth study.
Our 36-hour program includes:
- Diverse critical approaches to the study of literature and language
- Master's thesis
- Enrichment opportunities through the Thornton Writing Program, which brings creative writers to campus to read and teach
- Enrichment opportunities through the Geraldine Lyon Owen Speaker Series
- Editing opportunities through the James Dickey Review
Acting Program Director - Spring 2013
Dr. Robin Bates
If you have questions concerning graduate admissions, financial aid, or related considerations, you can also contact the Office of Graduate Studies at 434.544.8383 or email@example.com.
Also visit our page "Lynchburg College Graduate English" on Facebook.