Physician Assistant Medicine Program: Principal Faculty/Assistant Professor
Lynchburg College, Lynchburg, Virginia. The Physician Assistant Medicine program in the School of Graduate Studies at Lynchburg College invites applications for a full-time (12 month) assistant professor clinical or tenure-track position beginning April 2014. The Physician Assistant Medicine program has applied for Accreditation-Provisional from the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for Physician Assistants. We are scheduled for a site visit in November of 2014. Responsibilities include teaching core medicine courses, assisting both the clinical and didactic directors, and participating in program management. The candidate selected for this position will engage in scholarly and service activities consistent with the requirements of the School of Graduate Studies, collaborate with local community agencies, and actively pursue involvement in professional organizations at the regional, state, and national levels. Clinical faculty will participate with providing clinical oversight to students in a free clinic setting.
- NCCPA certified Physician Assistant or Board certified allopathic or osteopathic physician
- Virginia PA/MD / DO license or eligible for licensure
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in Health Related Field. For PAs, a doctoral degree or willingness to enter and complete a doctoral program is preferred
- Consideration given to non-clinicians with strong science / health science background who possess a minimum of a Master’s degree
- Greater than 3 years of clinical experience
- Experience teaching in a PA program or Medical School is preferred
Application review begins immediately and will continue until position is filled. Salary, rank, and faculty status are commensurate with experience and educational credentials. Candidate must successfully pass a background check that is satisfactory to the College.
Interested candidates should send a letter of application, and a current vita to:
Dr. Jeremy M. Welsh, DHSc, PA-C
Program Chair and Director
Department of Physician Assistant Medicine
1501 Lakeside Drive
Lynchburg, VA 24501