Digital Content Specialist
This position requires a digital generalist with a wide understanding of digital marketing communications solutions including web and mobile, social media, SEO, digital media, and analytics. This staffer will develop content for cross channel digital marketing initiatives and will monitor results using various analytics. Staffer will participate in client meetings, create content plans and manage multiple projects - delivering concepts and materials under frequently tight deadlines.
- Leads the development and execution of content strategies for CCM and its college partners, particularly the Office of Advancement, Alumni Relations, Enrollment Services, and the Office of Student Activities
- Creates, organizes and manages content development schedules
- Conducts online research and monitors web-based analytics
- Creates website content and content for social media
- Manages and coordinates social media across platforms for primary LC social media accounts
- Works with other campus social media managers to ensure consistent, integrated messaging
- Helps maintain website content through the Drupal Content Management System
- Monitors and moderates online conversations
- Analyzes engagement, interactions and response rates
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years’ experience of digital strategy development and implementation experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience producing content for social media platforms (experience managing a social media program for an organization a plus)
- Knowledge of third-party functionality and services a plus (e.g., Exact Target, Social Media APIs, chat services)
- Knowledge of research techniques including user analysis /user needs: personas, scenarios, surveys
- Experience with optimization including Search Engine Optimization/Accessibility Optimization/tagging, etc.
Skilled using content management tools and practices (experience with Drupal a plus)
- Familiarity with website management practices including work roles, workflow, versioning
- Skilled at creating digital content including proofreading, editing, and fact checking
- Ability to effectively and in a timely manner monitor and react on official LC social media platforms (e.g. postings, comments, moderation)
- Experience using evaluation tools, especially Google Analytics, to evaluate progress to goals, ROI; understanding of how to leverage these tools to provide deep insight into the performance of proposed strategies
- Experience shooting and/or producing video would be a huge plus
Candidates should also exhibit:
- Enthusiasm and a passion for all things digital
- Dedication to excellence with a track record of delivering exceptional results for clients
- The ability to be a strong team player who enjoys collaborating with colleagues, within and outside of the CCM team
- A great sense of humor (not necessary but it helps)
Selected candidate must be able to successfully pass a background check.
To apply, please submit a College application and resume addressed to: Lynchburg College, Attn: Human Resources, 1501 Lakeside Drive, Lynchburg, VA 24501. FAX: 434.544.8658 or email HumanResources@lynchburg.edu.