Assistant/Associate Professor - DPT
Lynchburg College seeks a dynamic faculty member to join our team of 14 faculty devoted to student-centered instruction in our new DPT program.
The DPT curriculum features an innovative hybrid model of instruction, and prepares physical therapists to become leaders in their personal and professional lives.
The appointment is a clinical track, full-time (12 month) position with teaching in area of expertise, beginning July 2013. Applicants with ABPTS Specialty Certification are especially encouraged to apply. Opportunities include collaborating the development and implementation of a planned post-professional residency and fellowship program. Clinical practice is encouraged and includes an onsite free clinic. Program information may be found at www.lynchburg.edu/dpt.
Successful candidates will possess the following qualifications:
- Earned DPT or terminal academic degree (PhD, EdD, or equivalent) in Physical Therapy or related discipline. Persons nearing completion of terminal degree (ABD Status) will be considered.
- ABPTS certification in field of specialty.
- Licensed or eligible for licensure as a physical therapist in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- At least 3 years clinical practice in physical therapy
- Member of the American Physical Therapy Association
- Work independently and coordinate work with colleagues and peers
- Successfully pass a background check
Preferred qualifications of the candidate include:
- Prior teaching experiences in a physical therapist academic program
- Residency or fellowship experience
Lynchburg College offers a competitive salary with generous benefits package, relocation reimbursement, a partnership for the DPT program with a regional health care system that provides a variety of clinical opportunities, and opportunity to maintain clinical practice skills for faculty members. Salary and rank are commensurate with experience. Candidate must pass a background check that is satisfactory to the College.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. Interested candidates should send the following 1) a letter of application, 2) a current CV, 3) official graduate transcripts, and 4) telephone and email contact information for three references to:
W. Allen Moore, PT, PhD
Chair, Search Committee
300 Monticello Ave., Suite A
Lynchburg, VA 24501