Assistant/Associate Professor – Nursing, Medical-Surgical
The Lynchburg College Nursing Program is accepting applications for a full-time, tenure-track position to begin July 1, 2014. This position is a 9-month position with required terminal degree, or a clinical track position if no terminal degree (must have at least a Master’s). The successful candidate will have teaching and clinical experience in medical-surgical nursing and an interest in scholarship endeavors. Salary, rank, and faculty status are commensurate with experience and educational credentials. Candidate must successfully pass a background check that is satisfactory to the College.
Lynchburg College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS). The Nursing program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), One Dupont Circle NW, Suite 530, Washington, D.C. 20036, and approved by the Virginia Board of Nursing and has average first time pass NCLEX pass rates of 95% over the past 3 years. For more information about the Nursing Program, please visit our website at http://www.lynchburg.edu/academic/nursing.
Role and Responsibilities
- Participates in classroom and clinical teaching.
- Advises nursing and non-nursing students regarding choice or courses, mid-semester and semester grades, planning to meet major and degree requirements, formulating realistic plans for graduate education and/or vocation, and other concerns as necessary.
- Completes workload plan and evaluation reports as described in College Faculty Handbook.
- Attends regularly scheduled faculty, school and program meetings.
- Participates in convocations and commencement exercises.
- Participates in standing and ad hoc committees within the College.
- Participates in committees, projects, and program assessment in the nursing program.
- Maintains expertise in clinical practice.
- Participates in professional organizations.
- Engages in professional development activities.
- Participates in community service.
- Maintains professional ethics and personal conduct congruent with Professional Standards and the College Faculty Handbook.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Master's preparation in Nursing required
- Earned Doctorate in nursing or related discipline preferred
- Knowledge and experience in baccalaureate nursing education preferred
- Active RN Licensure
Interested candidates should send a statement of teaching philosophy, a current curriculum vita, graduate and undergraduate official transcripts, evidence of teaching effectiveness and three letters of reference to Jenna Lloyd, Director of Nursing, Lynchburg College, 1501 Lakeside Drive, Lynchburg, VA 24501-3113. Electronic submissions are also welcome and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. For more information about Lynchburg College, visit our website at www.lynchburg.edu. EOE