Media Support Services
Media Support Services provides access to electronic media and supporting technology for students, faculty, and staff.
Hours: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday-Friday
Location: Schewel Hall 132
What is available?
- Digital video cameras with tripods and microphones (COMM students, faculty, and staff)
- Digital photography cameras (faculty and staff only)
- Laptop computers (faculty and staff only)
- Video editing equipment during staff hours only (faculty and staff only)
All equipment is on a first-come, first-served basis. Reservations may be made by sending an email with the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org or by using our online reservation form.
- Your name
- Type of equipment you would like to reserve
- Date you would like to pick up
- Date you expect to return it
Note that equipment loans are usually for short periods of time based on the equipment and the time of the semester. You will be asked to sign a liability agreement accepting full responsibility for the equipment while it is in your possession. You may be subject to fines, loss of equipment privilege, and/or charged for the replacement of the equipment that was borrowed if you do not return the equipment when it is due. Fines will be $50 per day for late equipment.
The following services are available to faculty and staff based on the availability of student workers to assist with the work.
- Conversion of VHS tapes to DVD (copyright restrictions apply)
- Duplication of DVDs (copyright restrictions apply)
- Video editing and use of video editing equipment by faculty and staff
All services are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Staffing for Media Support Services provided through student staff only as supervised by Louis Donato. If you have a problem or a concern, please contact Louis Donato at ext. 8636.