Returning Students Housing Sign-Up
All returning students will sign up for housing through one of the methods below:
- Housing sign-up meetings
- Fraternity and sorority housing
- Off-campus/commuter students
- Special medical housing: medical singles
- Special interest housing
All first-year students will reside in Montgomery Hall and Tate Hall. Returning students will not be permitted to reside in either of those buildings. Incoming students will need to complete the Housing Preference Form and will not go through one of the processes detailed below.
Squatting (automatically staying in the same room for the upcoming year) is not permitted. This will positively impact everyone since it avoids displaced students from Learning Communities. Therefore, all returning students will need to complete one of the processes indicated below.
All residential students who have not been assigned to housing through a special housing process below must attend one of the mandatory meetings on March 4, 2014 at 9 p.m. (current Southside, McWane, Freer, Shack residents) or 10 p.m. (current Montgomery, Tate, and Hundley residents) in the Ballroom.
The Housing Sign Ups process will be thoroughly explained at that meeting. (If you cannot come to your designated time, please come to the alternate time.)
- Each pair/group (2-10 residents) must create a housing application on mylc.lynchburg.edu with a "Group Leader." These applications are due on March 24, 2014 at 5 p.m.
- Each pair/group will then be auto-ranked based on the group's average GPA and credit hours. If there is a recent and concerning judicial history, a group's ranking may be manually changed.
- Once the rankings are complete, each Group Leader will receive an email that includes an "appointment time" for the group. Appointment times will be emailed to the Group Leader on March 25, 2014.
- The pairs/groups will then show up at their respective appointment times (based on their ranking) to sign up for housing. These sign-ups will occur March 26-27, 2014. At this time, pairs/groups will be able to sign up for any residential location that they are eligible for - apartments, townhouses, houses, courts, Hundley Hall, McWane Hall, Freer Hall, and Shackelford Hall. Please note that students who have not completed 30 or more credit hours are not eligible to reside in an apartment, townhouse, house, or court (except those who qualify for a Special Interest House).
Students without roommates or students who did not go through the processes above will sign up for housing in the Office of Residence Life on April 1, 2014 (on a first-come, first-served basis).
Renewal forms for fraternity/sorority houses will be sent out on February 17, 2014 for next year's housing rosters. The forms must be completed and returned by February 24, 2014.
Applications to live off campus are available in the Office of Residence Life. The priority deadline for their return is March 24, 2014. For requirements and additional information, please visit: /residence-life-housing/campus-commuter-students.
The Office of Residence Life is not able to award single rooms except for approved medical reasons. Students can apply for singles based on medical reasons via the Application for Special Medical Housing/Board Accommodations form available from the Residence Life Office. Forms are due by 5 p.m. February 24, 2014.
Requests will be reviewed on an individual basis by a committee, and awarded as space is available. Notification of decisions will be made by March 3, 2014. If denied, students will need to make other arrangements for housing following the processes outlined below under "Housing Sign Ups." Medical singles are awarded on an annual basis and must be reapplied for each year.
In order to be eligible for a Special Interest House (SIH), the applying group members must belong to a recognized student organization or be affiliated with an academic program at Lynchburg College and have the support of their faculty or staff advisor.
Each applying group must send at least 1 representative to the Special Interest House meeting on February 17, 2014 at 2 p.m. in the Ballroom. If you do not have a representative present at this interest meeting, your group will not be eligible to apply.