Returning Students Housing Sign-Up
All returning students will sign up for housing through one of the methods below:
- Housing sign-up meetings
- Fraternity and sorority housing (Olympus Community Housing)
- Off-campus/commuter students
- Housing Accommodations (Students with Disabilities)
- Special interest housing
- Co-Ed Housing
- Westover Housing
- International House
All first-year students will reside in Montgomery Hall and Tate Hall. Returning students will not be permitted to reside in either of those buildings. Incoming students will need to complete the Housing Preference Form and will not go through one of the processes detailed below.
Squatting (automatically staying in the same room for the upcoming year) is not permitted. This will positively impact everyone since it avoids displaced students from Learning Communities. Therefore, all returning students will need to complete one of the processes indicated below.
All residential students who have not been assigned to housing through a special housing process below must attend one of the mandatory meetings on March 16, 2015 at 9 p.m. (current Southside, McWane, Freer, Shack residents) or 10 p.m. (current Montgomery, Tate, and Hundley residents) in the Ballroom.
The Housing Sign Ups process will be thoroughly explained at that meeting. (If you cannot come to your designated time, please come to the alternate time.)
- Each pair/group (2-10 residents) must create a housing application on mylc.lynchburg.edu with a "Group Leader." These applications are due on March 30, 2015 at 5 p.m.
- Each pair/group will then be auto-ranked based on the group's average GPA and credit hours. If there is a recent and concerning judicial history, a group's ranking may be manually changed.
- Once the rankings are complete, each Group Leader will receive an email that includes an "appointment time" for the group. Appointment times will be emailed to the Group Leader on March 31, 2015.
- The pairs/groups will then show up at their respective appointment times (based on their ranking) to sign up for housing. These sign-ups will occur April 1-2, 2015. At this time, pairs/groups will be able to sign up for any residential location that they are eligible for - Apartments, Townhouses, Houses, Courts, Hundley Hall, McWane Hall, Freer Hall, & Shackelford Hall. (Please note that students who have not completed 30 or more credit hours, as of the start of the housing process, are not eligible to reside in an Apartment, Townhouse, House, or the Courts - outside of Special Interest locations).
Students without roommates or students who did not go through the processes above will sign up for housing in the Office of Residence Life on April 7, 2015 (on a first-come, first-served basis).
Special Housing Processes
Renewal forms for fraternity/sorority houses will be sent to chapter presidents on February 16, 2015 for these organizations to fill their housing roster for next year. These forms must be completed and returned by February 23, 2015.
These applications are available online at: http://www.lynchburg.edu/housing-residence-life/application-reside-campus. The Application to Reside Off-Campus priority deadline is March 30, 2015. Students that participate in the Housing Sign-Up Process and/or receive a housing assignment at any point prior to approval to Reside Off-Campus will be assessed a $250 termination fee. For requirements and additional information, please visit: http://www.lynchburg.edu/housing-residence-life/campus-commuter-students.
The Office of Residence Life is not able to award single rooms except for approved medical reasons. Undergraduate students attending Lynchburg College who seek housing accommodations must qualify in keeping with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and its amendments. Qualifications and reasonable accommodations are determined by the Disability Services Coordinator (DSC).
To be considered for housing accommodations prior to the standard housing process for 2015-2016, students must apply for housing accommodations through the Disability Services Coordinator by February 23, 2015 at 5:00 p.m. (More information can be found at: http://www.lynchburg.edu/disability-services/documentation-guidelines). Please realize that this can be a lengthy process, so students will want to review these guidelines and begin this process as soon as possible.
Students who are found not eligible for housing accommodations must apply for housing through the standard 2015-16 housing process, which will begins on Monday, March 16, 2015. Late application/approval: Students who apply and are approved for housing accommodations late, after the deadline of February 23, 2015, will become eligible for room assignment on or after April 7, 2015, after the standard housing process is complete.
In order to be eligible for a Special Interest House (SIH), all group applicants must be recognized organizations or supported academic programs at Lynchburg College and have the support of their faculty or staff advisor.
Each group who plans on applying for a SIH must send at least ONE representative to the Special Interest House meeting on February 16, 2015 at 2 p.m. in the Ballroom. Applications will be due on February 23, 2015. If you do not have a representative present at this interest meeting, your group will not be eligible to apply.
In addition to our traditional Special Interest Housing process, the Office of Residence Life will be designating no more than four Southside residences as co-ed units for the 2015-2016 academic year.
Each group who plans on applying for a Co-Ed unit must send at least ONE representative to the Special Interest House meeting on February 16, 2015 at 2 p.m. in the Ballroom. Applications will be due on February 23, 2015. If you do not have a representative present at this interest meeting, your group will not be eligible to apply.
The Westover Housing form will be sent to Dr. Declair on February 16, 2015 to be distributed to interested groups/residents. Westover students that are rising sophomores are eligible to apply to live in Westover Housing (511 Brevard). The completed form is due to the Office of Residence Life on February 23, 2015.
Students interested in residing in 185 Vernon, the International House, should contact Kara Hoxworth (Hoxworth.firstname.lastname@example.org). The International House will be filled by February 23, 2015.