Join Our Team
The Office of Residence Life is seeking qualified undergraduate students to be Resident Assistants.
Resident Assistants oversee their respective residents and are responsible for the development of cohesive communities, safety and security of residents, and the enforcement of campus policies.
A Resident Assistant (RA) should possess excellent people skills, good role model skills, and great organizational skills. Perhaps no other position as an undergraduate student gives a person as much responsibility and experiences as the RA job does. An RA wears many different hats during his/her tenure on staff and will experience both personal and professional growth during that time. A good sense of humor and compassion are a must for this position.
Interested candidates can contact us at email@example.com for an application and for more information regarding the position.
The Resident Assistants will:
- Maintain a welcoming attitude and positively represent the Office of Residence Life and Lynchburg College.
- Participate and assist in Resident Assistant training and staff development opportunities (Fall training, Fall RA class, Spring training, new RA training, brown bag lunches, all staff meetings).
- Participate in a one-on-one meeting with their respective Hall Director every other week to report on progress, goals, and updates.
- Attend and actively participate in weekly staff meetings (and all other mandatory staff meetings).
- Conduct one-on-one meetings with each resident at minimum of two times per semester.
- Facilitate floor meetings as appropriate or required by the Office of Residence Life.
- Communicate upcoming news, events, and important information with residents.
- Conduct roommate mediations and appropriate mediation paperwork, as necessary.
- Create a needs-based assessment each semester that will establish programmatic initiatives and goals for their respective populations.
- Develop monthly programs that contribute to student growth and development, as it relates to the ORL mission and ORL goals.
- Advertise and promote their respective programs in a creative fashion.
- Create monthly bulletin boards based on needs-based assessment.
- Participate in a duty rotation that is determined by the staff placement, which includes consistently confronting policy violations.
- Complete Residence Life paperwork daily/weekly which is comprised of: weekly reports, programming paperwork, duty logs, incident reports, inventories, work orders, etc.
- Assist in housing processes (check-ins, housing closings, housing sign-ups).
- Make appropriate referrals to campus partners and inform Residence Life staff of updates/actions (students in peril, etc.)
- Complete other duties as assigned.