Lynchburg College’s online Master of Science in Nursing Program offers you a professional development opportunity using a convenient online format. Founded on evidence-based nursing practice, the MSN provides educational experiences that are grounded in current knowledge and research.
What will I study?
The MSN prepares you to be a leader in patient care through our Clinical Nurse Leader emphasis:
- Advanced nursing leadership education for nurses who want to advance their careers while continuing to provide expert bedside care
- Rigorous accredited curriculum that emphasizes evidence-based practice and critical thinking skills
- Flexible class schedules that work around demanding schedules
- 37 credit-hour cohort program
- May be completed in 18 months
- Clinical experiences in healthcare settings
The Clinical Nurse Leader MSN will prepare you to:
- Provide and manage care to individuals at the point of care anywhere healthcare is delivered
- Provide leadership at the bedside, in the practice setting, and as a member of the interdisciplinary team
- Improve clinical outcomes using evidence-based practice
- Affect change within the healthcare system through the use of Quality Improvement and Healthcare Informatics that enhance understanding of the economics of care, cost-effectiveness and resource utilization
The Lynchburg College nursing program is approved by the Virginia Board of Nursing, 9960 Maryland Drive, Suite 300, Henrico, Va. 23233-1463; 804.367.4515
The bachelor of science and master of science degree in nursing at Lynchburg College are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, 202-887-6791.