Counselor Organization for Professional/Personal Empowerment
The COPE student organization is the voice of the students in the Counselor Education Program at Lynchburg College. We promote professional development, provide student representation to the faculty, encourage opportunities for students to connect through social and service opportunities, and keep students abreast of current issues affecting the Counselor Education Program via newsletter and regular meetings.
Last year, COPE provided the following:
- Professional workshop for school counselors with nationally recognized speakers
- Carpools to the VCA and VACES conferences
- Social meetings, including a student vs. faculty bowling event
- More than $1,000 for Mental Health America of Central Virginia raised through the annual “walk for mental health awareness” event
- Hooding ceremony for graduating students in the Counselor Education Program
- Information for students about professional opportunities
- Comprehensive exam study groups
To find out more, email COPE at: .